We bring you GATE 2013 Exam Date, Notification, Paper Pattern, GATE 2013 Entrance Exam Dates, Forms, Eligibility Criteria, Preparation Tips, Tricks, Techniques.
GATE - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is an all India examination administered and conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian Institutes of Technology on behalf of the National Coordination Board - GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India for admission to Master's degree programmes in Engineering/Technology/Architecture as well as for Doctoral programmes in relevant branches of Science. This exam is conducted online as well as offline where the students are asked multiple choice questions. The question paper consists of 65 questions carrying maximum 100 marks and is required to be solved in 3 hrs. The basic qualification required by candidates to appear for this exam is HSC and Bachelors Degree in Engineering/Technology/Architecture. Further details regarding this entrance exam is given below.
GATE 2013 Important Dates / Notification:-
GATE 2013 dates will be announce soon.
GATE 2013 Paper Pattern:-
GATE 2011 exam is an objective, multiple choice questions paper. The duration of the examination is of three hours in which there are 65 questions that carry a maximum of 100 marks.
GATE Exam Eligibility:-
Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.
Master's degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.
GATE Exam Preparation Tips / Tricks / Techniques:-
Know GATE exam well:-
a) Know the syllabus well
b) Know the exam pattern
c) Exam Notification
d) Know about important chapters
- Material Collection:- All the relevant books based on the subject(Divide the books in two groups - Fundamental and basic concepts
- Study - Syllabus and Previous questions papers
- Solve problems as maximum as possible(from text books, Guide books etc)
- Keep contact with some expert and GATE experienced persons
- GATE mainly tests the fundamentals. So make sure you make your fundamentals very strong & clear. This only comes with the practice.
- Always follow standard books
- Make notes short and concise
- Maintain formulas, short-cuts and tips/tricks in notes.