We bring you XAT 2013 Exam Date, Notification, Paper Pattern, XAT 2013 Entrance Exam Dates, Forms, Eligibility Criteria, Preparation Tips, Tricks, Techniques.
XAT 2013 or Xavier Admission Test is an all India level Admission Test conducted by Xavier Labour Relations Institute - XLRI Jamshedpur for admission to its Post Graduate Management Programmes. This test is conducted at national level for students who wish to pursue management as their career option. There are more than 70 Management colleges that accept XAT students. The candidate applying for this entrance exam should be a graduate and those who are completing their final examination may also apply for this test. The question paper is divided into Quantitative Ability, Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning, Analytical Reasoning and Decision Making. The time duration to complete the test may extent from 120- 140 minutes. The number of questions asked is not fixed. Further information regarding the same is given below.
XAT 2013 Important Dates / Notification:-
XAT 2013 dates will be announced soon.
XAT Eligibility:- The candidates need to have passed graduation or its equivalent under 10+2+3 examination pattern from any recognized University or a Deemed University.
XAT Exam Paper Pattern:-
The questions were divided into 3 sections:
- Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning
- Data Interpretation and Quantitative Ability
- General Knowledge
Total Questions: 101
Time: 120 minutes
Correct attempt : 1 mark
Incorrect attempt : negative 0.20 (for first 5 wrong answers in each section), negative 0.25 (for subsequent wrong answers)
XAT Exam Preparation Tips/ Tricks / Techniques:-
- The first step for a focused XAT preparation is to understand the XAT 2012 paper.
- Refer to Previous XAT Question Papers.
- A balance between speed and accuracy is important to successfully clear the examination.
- Cover the syllabus one by one. Breaking it up in units is a good idea. Cover each unit one by one. Focus on the theory first and then on the practical application based questions.
- For extensive business knowledge read good business magazines, Reading on current issues, business, economic,etc.