Anna University was located in southern part of the city of Chennai. It was established on 4th September 1978 as a unitary type of University. Anna University was formed by bringing together and integrating College of Engineering, Guindy, Madras Institute of Technology , Chrompet Alagappa, College of Technology School of Architecture and Planning in the city of Madras. Anna University is recognised by UGC and accredited with Five Star Status in 2002. Anna University is member of the Association of Indian Universities, the Association of Commonwealth Universities and Partner of UNESCO International Center for Engineering Education (UICEE). Anna University Chennai as become a large, highly renowned affiliated University, having brought into its fold about 225 Self-financing Engineering Colleges, six Government Colleges and three Government-aided Engineering colleges located in various parts of Tamilnadu State.
Courses offered by Anna University, Chennai:-
Anna University offers following courses:-
B.E - Civil, Geo Informatics, Agricultural and Irrigation, Mechanical, Material Science and Engineering, Mining, Printing Technology , Manufacturing, Industrial, Aeronautical, Production, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics and Communication, Computer Science and Engineering.
B.Tech - Automobile, Rubber and Plastic Technology, Information Technology, Chemical , Petroleum Refining and Petrochemicals, Ceramic Technolog, Textile Technolog, Industrial Bio-Technology , Food Technology, Pharmaceutical Technology
Anna University, Chennai Admission 2012:-
Admission for first year B. E. / B. Tech. Degree Courses of Anna University, University Departments and University Colleges of Anna Universities of Technology, Government and Government Aided Engineering Colleges and for the seats surrendered by the Self – Financing Engineering Colleges.
1. In Person Candidates can obtain the application form in person from the centres detailed below by paying Rs.500/- (Rs.250/- in case of SC/SCA/ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu) towards application fee, by cash/demand draft.
2. By Post Application forms can also be obtained by post from The Secretary, Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA), Anna University, Chennai - 600 025 by sending a requisition letter along with a Demand Draft for Rs.700/- (Rs.450/- in case of SC/SCA/ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu) and an address label written in capital letters to which the application form is to be mailed.
3. Through Website:- The candidates can also register through internet by logging on to www.annauniv.edu/tnea2011.
4. Special Reservations
Candidates seeking admission under Special reservation category should enclose a separate special reservation application along with the main application together with a DD for Rs.100/- for each special reservation with attested photocopies of relevant documents. The applications under Sports Quota along with main application should be submitted with all the documents only in person.
5. Submission of filled-in applications Candidates have to send the filled-in application along with attested photocopies of Mark Sheet(s) and attested photocopies of all other relevant certificates, to The Secretary, Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions, Anna University, Chennai - 600 025 to reach on or before 03.06.2012 (5.30 p.m.)
6. All Demand Drafts should be drawn in favour of “The Secretary, Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions” payable at Chennai, drawn on any Nationalised Bank dated on or after 15.05.2011. Candidates are instructed to write the name and address on the reverse side of the Demand Draft.
7. SC/SCA/ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu, should produce a photocopy of the Permanent Community certificate obtained from competent authority for availing fee concession for application (Rs.250/-).
Issue Dates and Time From 16.05.2012 to 31.05.2012 - 9.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.
Last date for Submission of filled-in applications 03.06.2012 (5.30 p.m.)
Anna University Distance Education:-
Centre for Distance Education Anna University has launched professional MBA, MCA and M.Sc degree programmes through the distance education mode from January 2007. Anna Universtiy Distance Education has been approved by Distance Education Council (DEC). It offers two yeara MBA - General Management, Technology Management, Financial Services Management, Retail Management, Health Services Management, Human Resources Management, three years MCA & two years M.Sc IT Courses. Anna University Distance Education has nine study centres in Chennai & four centres in outside Chennai.
If you are interested in taking admission in this university you can request more info or post your comments, questions or reviews on this university.
Courses offered by Anna University
Other Universities you might be interested in